Art and Film this is an intensive introduction to fundamentals of film production and theoretical concepts, and a thorough grounding in technical skills, disciplines and knowledge
FPA offers the following under Art and Film:-
Producing and Production Management
Preliminary Exercises: Camera, Editing and Sound
Story Structure and Storyboarding
Explore the different genres in film from Documentary to Fantasy
Designing the Production
Major Project (to be devised by the student)
Part A. Building blocks and story development-
1, Starting to write – Where to find ideas and sources of inspiration. The idea, the story, and the difference between the two.
2. How to create stories from ideas. Characters – A script needs characters. Who are your characters and how can you build them?
3. How do you create characters that are both original and recognisable?
4. How do characters drive a script through interaction?
5. Conflict and intrigue – How to create action from big events and small events. Identifying what is at stake in your story, and heightening tension in your script.
6. Dialogue – What you need to say and what you should show. Finding a voice for yoru characters. Writing natural dialogue and getting the back story across.
7. Settings – Creating the non-verbal greeting for an audience. Why setting is so much more than a stage set.
8. The story and the plot – How one story can produce several scripts, and how stories can move forward by moving backwards or sideways.
Part B. Script Development – the focus is on developing scripts. Over these six weeks participants will work on scripts for their stories. By the end of the course, you will have at least; a first draft of the whole script developed from your initial idea, or; opening scenes, polished over several drafts, and an outline for the rest of the script to finish in their own time.
this is an intensive introduction to fundamentals of film production and theoretical concepts, and a thorough grounding in technical skills, disciplines and knowledge.
It’s a lunch or dinner time. Get some rest!
Content for item 1
Content for item 2
Content for item 3
Content for item 4
Content for item 5